Friday, June 7, 2024

6th chapter

 A quick update today. Took a mini-vacation with the family to celebrate my daughter, Sofie's 16th birthday. We went to Santa Cruz, CA for a couple days. The weather was gorgeous! I don't think it could have been any better. 

While the vacation was fun, it cut into my writing time. I just completed chapter 6. My word count is up to 21,578. However, I'm not in love with this chapter. There are aspects I like, but not the whole thing. I'm trying to resist much editing for this first draft, but I'm giving in on this one and going to go back and tinker with it a bit to see if I can get it closer to something I like. 

I'm exploring other ways to drive interest in the book prior to its launch. I'm not super savvy when it comes to marketing videos, but that's where it helps to have teenage kids. My daughter, Isabel, is great at making short videos. As I type this she's working on a short video for Relentless Blades. It's looking good so far. I'll be excited to unveil it.

I'm still awaiting my second-round of edits for Book One. They should be sent to me within a few days. A writer's work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relentless Blades Release Trailer

 Thank you to my good friend Jace Witman for this amazing Release Trailer.