Thursday, May 30, 2024

Relentless Blades: Book Two underway

 I'm happy to report that I've begun work on Relentless Blades: Book Two. As I write this, I'm four chapters, and 18,000 words into it. It's rough at this stage, but I like where it's going. It's not going as fast as I'd like, because real-life and putting the finishing touches on Book One is interfering.

On that note, Relentless Blades: Book One has passed its first round of line/copy edits with the fabulous Evelyn Cammon with redinkedits.com. She's currently working through pass two. I don't think there will be much left to finish once she sends her second round of edits. Maybe a few minor things to clean up, but it should be in great shape. She recommended a manuscript formatter for me, and I've been in touch with him, so he's ready to go as soon as the editing is complete. 

I've already found several cover illustrators I love. Once the book is formatted, and I have the dimensions, the cover art is all that remains. I'm getting both excited and nervous at the prospect of completing this long journey. By the time I publish it will have been a roughly two-year journey since September 2022 when I first sat down to create my "world bible."  

I'm very appreciative of all of you who read these blogs. As I get close to the finish line, I could really use your help in reposting my blog link or passing this on to any fantasy fans you know who may be interested in reading Relentless Blades when it's published. I'd love to generate some interest and enthusiasm!

I'll continue to update you as I go along this fascinating journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relentless Blades Release Trailer

 Thank you to my good friend Jace Witman for this amazing Release Trailer.