Friday, September 1, 2023

Map Making Fun!

 Greetings!  When creating new worlds for fantasy novels, it's a good idea to include a map to help orientate readers with where things are. When I began writing Relentless Blades, I created a map, but it was very crude. It got the job done, but it's not something I'd share with anyone. 

Now that I'm in a bit of a lull as beta readers are going through Version 8 of the manuscript, I have time to rectify the map situation. I've dabbled with several online mapmaking software over the past week and have settled on Inkarnate. There is a free version, but it's fairly limited, however the pricing is pretty inexpensive for the Pro version that gives you access to everything. It's only $5 a month or $25 for a year subscription. 

I purchased Pro and am now starting to create the map. It's not the same creativity as writing, but it is a creative outlet and I'm enjoying myself. I'll keep everyone updated as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dallas Cowboys

 As I write this, we're thick in the midst of the NFL playoffs. My Dallas Cowboys were humiliated last week by the upstart Green Bay Pac...